Translate

Friday, December 1, 2017

Day 1: "Freely you have received, freely give."

Today is the first day of the #LightTheWorld challenge. As you could probably tell from my first post of today, I am pretty excited to start this challenge running. Well, in my case I start this challenge writing. Because I don't hate myself enough to run. No offense if you do, I just have different strokes, like not running ever.

With the Fight or Flight response, I've always been a fighter. Even when it was the most intelligent route. That's how much I dislike running.

Anyway, back to the reason I'm writing another post of the day, Day 1 of Aimee Lighting the World. Plus Giant Man.

The theme for today is found in the Bible, Matthew 10:8, "Freely you have received, freely give." This year I've received many blessings; from marrying my best friend to finishing up my Bachelor's Degree. I will never be able to give back to the Lord for all the blessings He endlessly gives me, but I can show my gratitude for the people in my life.

For today's act of service, it is actually an act of gratitude. On Instagram, I saw this suggestion to how I could "give freely". There were a few different suggestions, but I felt as if this would be the best option for me. 

I wrote my letter and I'll be mailing it today, along with GM's letter to his person. I don't know if it will turn around the day of the receivers or if they'll just be weird out by the spontaneous letter-writing. But, I do know that I don't let them know as often as I should how grateful I am and how much I love them. 

The world is becoming colder and harsher, but that doesn't mean I have to become a colder person, forgetting my basic manners and letting those who serve me go unnoticed. I mean, I work in the Customer Service Industry, I know how often that happens. I don't want to be one of those people. I want to be more outspoken in my gratitude.

It's one thing to feel grateful. It's another thing to express the gratitude to the person who has lifted you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment