Translate

Friday, February 23, 2018

What do you mean it's almost March??

Before I went on my mission to Mexico, my oldest brother gave me a piece of advice. He said, "Aimee, on your mission time is going to speed up. And when you get home, it won't slow down." I wish I knew just how right he was at the time. 

At the time I was just really excited to get out, learn Spanish, and work, so I didn't really take this life truth to heart. 

Well, it's better late than never, and I appreciate being prepared in knowing life is going to continue flying by. All I can do is learn from the past, enjoy the present, while planning for the future, in like 2.6 seconds at a time. I don't get too much time nowadays to breathe during the week, but I've had to much fun to really care. 

However, I do realize I have been slacking on documenting my adventure with GM. I just want to be able to have something to look back on when my future children are in my current position and show them I also had worries, dreams, doubts, fun, etc. I find history tends to repeat itself and I believe my kids will be a lot better off if they can learn from my mistakes. 

That being said, I can't believe it's almost March! We are almost 1/4 of the way through the year. 

GM and I have had a great start to the new year. It started with uncertainty, unemployment, and a whole lot of job interviews. However, I am happy to say we have been immensely blessed by the Lord. Not only were we able to make it financially through our lack of income spell, but I was able to find a career I really enjoy. 

So, now I work a 9-5 job and the regular schedule is great for me. GM is finishing his last semester and is itching to get out and work in the Computer Science industry. I remember my last semester, it was a rough time, not because it was hard/a lot of work, but because I was hit with senioritis. But, I made it through and I know he will too. 

Patience, am I right? Ha, I'm still learning about it... but endurance is the virtue I got. I may be going crazy waiting, but I'll get through whatever blows our way. 

At least I have one good trait, now to build up the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment