Translate

Saturday, October 6, 2018

We All Have a Story, So Why Judge?

There are people all around us.  Everyday we pass people, and we need to remember that they are indeed people.  Even though they may just be a secondary character in your story, they are the main character in theirs.  They have feelings and trials, families and thoughts.  Other people may be an extra or the enemy to your life, but they are the most important person in theirs.  We cannot begin to imagine what others are thinking, unless they tell us themselves. 

So why do we judge so harshly?  I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I believe that this Church is true, that the teachings of this church is true.  I believe marriage is between a man and a woman.  I have really close friends who have other views.  But just because I don´t believe in the same things they do, does not mean I don´t believe in them.  And I will be there to support them in their decisions because they are my friends and I love them for them, not for their views. 

A lot of people think the world would be a better place if we paid the money to end world hunger or end poverty.  And that is true, but I think that the most lasting change we can make in the world is to put HUMANITY back in it.  Who are we to judge someone else´s story just because we don´t agree with them?  Not everyone will agree with us but if we really believe in equality, in humanity, and in agency, we will not be treating people as the background of our story but we would be treating everyone we meet as the focus of theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment